Good Afternoon!
So I was piddeling around during a moment of free time in class and went to http://exchange.smarttech.com/#tab=0
It has tons of resources that you can search through. lesson plans, images, web pages and more. It is vast so be prepared. I have created a folder on my h drive within my districts site that I am going to store some of the contect which I download from there. I figure at the end of this first year or half a year I will creat topics in several folders and place the discoveries that I have made. This will be so much more helpful next year because then I just have to pull up the topic and go from there.
I guess it is this initial learning that is so difficult. Given time to explore and discover would be so much more helpful than jumping in and out all the time, but we do what time will allow.
Getting back on track
15 years ago
SMART exchange is AWESOME! Who has time to create all those fancy SMART lessons instead just go there and tweak them to fit your students' needs. I love that you are still digging around and finding ways to use the SMART technology in your classroom.
ReplyDeleteI Love my Smart board. I do have one caution: Smart board lessons take up a lot of memory so be choosy. I also love to include my own photos in my lessons.
ReplyDeleteI also save my notes and class brain storms from previous years to help get things started for the next year.
Also don't forget to ask the kids for their ideas. They love to create.
Ahh! It must be nice to have a SMART board in your classroom. We have been trying to get one in our health classrooms but we are to far down on the totem(sp) pole! However, thanks for the link. I am going to go exploring for lesson plans, etc. for my subject area to see what is available anyway!
ReplyDeleteCindy...thanks for the great ideas for using the SMART board; lots that I hadn't thought of, probably because I haven't used one, but all of them great to know about!!
Cindy, Thanks for the advice. I actually have created some word documents with links for several thematic units and just cut and paste onto there. I also have asked Santa for a Flash or zip drive with LOTS of memory.
ReplyDeleteI can hardly stand to read your blog...just out of jealousy! I am so excited for you, your students and all the positive things you have found using your Smart board. I keep begging the 2 other teachers in my music appreciation room to ask for technology for our room. One teaches history and the other science. (both coaches!) Someday I hope to have access to this technology to help promote the wonderful things available in music education. Hang on to that enthusiasm Susan! :)
ReplyDeleteI use this exact place to find all my lessons. I don't want to have to redo anything. I don't have the time!
ReplyDeleteI will have to check out the site. Thanks for the tip.
ReplyDelete