Thursday, December 2, 2010

A few SMART tid-bits...

As you may know there is a section within the Smart Software called Gallery.  Inside that there is a tremendous amount of already created tools that you can use.  I can't wait to actually get my Smart Board so that I can use the clock because using the old Judy Clock to teach time takes all my hands.  With the Smart tool of the clock you can just tap and move the hands.  Lucky for me I don't teach time until February so that will give me a month to work out the kinks of using the clock and moving the hands since our students only have to learn the hour and half hour.
If you don't have a Smart Board you can still use some of the software if you have a projector in your room.  Another thing that I told one of my friends in another school district is that if your school has a projector you could sign it out for use in your room and then hook it up to your own laptop or classroom computer and work with it from there.  It does limit your movement around the room, but at least you will be able to use some of the tools and create a little more interest with your students.  Just a few little ideas.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly where I get my ideas. I use it when I am looking for lesson plans. It is so nice because I don't have to recreate anything if I don't want too. I think using the free things out there is the best sometimes....especially for those of us that are so busy!

    ReplyDelete