OK, so today we were told where our new SMART Boards would be placed and what we could do with them. I was kind of ok with it, but several teachers were not happy. I should start off with we are in a school that is well over 60 years old. (They refer to the basement as the dungeon if that gives you any ideas). Anyway, I have chalkboards that are sunk into the walls so they can't be removed, but lucky for me there was a magnetic white board so I could use that. I had my wonderful father rig up the board over my coat closet so I would also still have my chalkboard. Our phonics program is completely magnetic so I needed a white board separate from my chalk board. Anyway now my chalkboard will be covered about 80% by my SMART Board in January. Not too bad, but I do put a lot of notes and things on the chalkboard.
I feel worry for my team because they only use their chalkboard with a white board over it and now that will be taken over by the SMART Board. As a result they will have to rearrange their room so that they can use another wall for their phonics program. I know this has little to do with what I have been testing with my Smart Software, but just imagine what you would do if someone came into your room tomorrow and told you that the front of your classroom would no long be available as the front of your classroom. Think about what you would have to rearrange and adjust. For me, just a tiny bit, but for others tons. Just some things to think about if you ever want something new in your room, always remember something is going to have to be moved or leave. :)
Getting back on track
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment