I realized this week that we have learned a tremendous amount in our Internet class. While I was talking with some friends and I told them about Blogging and Websites that I had started to creat they were actually impressed and a bit envious. These are things that I think a lot of people want to know how to do, but don't know how to get started.
The part that I really like about this past weekend's class was learning more about my classmates. Sometimes we go through professional development classes so fast and then rush back to school to try them, we don't get to know the people in our classes and they are really a great resource. I know that I have called upon Leah to help me out during my summer school and I think I have asked for help during class from everyone at least once so I am thankful that we did take the time to do that little into on Saturday morning.
The electonic email list is helpful, but most of us had already established a group setting on our own emails, but it was a nice feature for future use.
Learning about Delicious.com will be a big help. A year ago I was changing schools and I had to get all of my sites off of my computer because I know that I would not have it anymore to refer back to my teaching sites. With this account I will always have my favorite places to go to on the Web.
Finally, Flickr! This will be fun to get into as a teacher and a mother. I can't wait to learn how to use it to teach and to show off my family. More to come on that when Cindy and I do our little presentation.
Final thought: With all of the budget cuts that our district is going to have to make let's start to think about how to turn curriculum money into technology purchases. Or how to lobby for cheaper prices for schools. Otherwise the have nots (education) will continue "having not!"
No comments:
Post a Comment