That was not a productive week for me in the area of learning more SMART techniques. I had a few lessons that I was going to try out with my class, but 4 assemblies and a field trip moved up a week as well as 3 team meetings that just had to meet were about all that my free time to set things up could allow. I thought I could get some things done the week before Thanksgiving as far as lessons, but that was not the case this past week. Looking at December is not much better, but I am going to try to get my Photostory in that week before Winter Break. That would at least give them some interesting comments around the dinner table.
OH, speaking of which. I used the Science Blog that I posted on the TIE Student Links, and two of my students went home and told their parents that we did a neat heating experiment with boiling water and the parents came up to school furious that I would allow that many students to work with heating elements and boiling water. It all worked out and the parents laughed about it, but again more time wasted and nerves rattled. The eyes of a 6 year old is so different from an adults! Have a great weekend!
Getting back on track
15 years ago
This is how my whole year has felt! I so little plan time that when I finally get some I just don't even know where to begin. It is also the reason I have struggling to incorporate technology into the classroom at all. I guess what I am saying is keep trying and keep a positive attitude. You are not the only one feeling overwhelmed and behind in the implementation of technology into the classroom. I know that what ever you do it will be thoughtful and educational!
ReplyDeleteIt always seems like there are an increased number of interruptions around the holidays and it is hard to achieve many of the goals we set for ourselves. Keep plugging away. I look forward to you sharing your photo story.
ReplyDeleteSince reading your blog, I have made it my goal to incorporate more Smart tools in my classroom every week. Last week I used a really cool diagramming lesson I found and did a jeopardy game for reviewing science. They kids absolutely loved them. I will let you know that I am not recreating the wheel because of all the great things already out there! Thanks for inspiring me!
ReplyDeleteSusan, I LOVE that you used the Science and that it impressed your students SO MUCH they went home to tell their parents about it. You may feel stressed and busy, but you ARE making an impact on your students. Good job!
ReplyDelete