Since my blogging is mostly about what I am finding and learning to make me a better teacher I thought I would start today with SMART Board technology. I was very lucky this year because our principal has decided all by himself to give all the first grade teachers Smart Boards. We will not be getting them until the holiday season or January at the latest, but I was able to add the Smart Technology to my computer, (thanks to the tech support people in my district). Now I am going to attempt to teach myself how to make lessons that the students can manipulate when we get the board.
It really isn't difficult. Just click and play around with it. There are also TONS of things in the gallery for you to use. Technology support has also found some SMART lessons and have them on the delicious bookmarks. Let me know if I can help :)
ReplyDeleteHello Susan
ReplyDeleteI am part of your blog alliance for ECOMP 6019. I look forward to getting to know you better as I read your "Malelega Moment" post.
From what I have read so far, you sound like a very active and busy lady between teaching, your family, preparing for the holidays and working on your masters. Maybe I can pick up some pointers on how to utilize my time better.
Congrats on the new Smart Board. I hope my principal will catch the Christmas spirit and provide Smartboards to those who do not have one in my school.
I am looking forward to your future post.
Colleen
Thanks, Colleen and Janine! One of the best things about him getting us the Smart Boards is that NO ONE ASKED. He just found some extra money and ta-dah! We got them! YEAH!
ReplyDeleteSusan you are killing me!!! I am so jealous. Since I am sharing a room with a history teacher, a science teacher and a health teacher I was so excited about maybe having a projector but NO!!! I can't show my students anything and I am so frustrated. We were informed last year that there would be NO new technology for this year and maybe next year. It is just killing me but I refuse to give up. Congratulations though...I am very happy for you and your students. And like Janine said...just start playing with it and when you run into trouble Janine is close!!!
ReplyDelete