Monday, November 8, 2010

Making an Effort

OK, so this morning I tried to scan some papers to show my class on my projector and they never came over.  This will be another thing that I will add to my list of "How do you do this?"  I did use my Smart Slate and I just can't quite get a handle on how to use the pen.  No wonder my little 6year old students can't do it.  I will just keep plugging away at this and also try to scan another document tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Practice, Practice, Practice with that little pen! You'll never have beautiful handwriting on it (mine still looks like a first grader wrote it), however, you'll feel more comfortable with it. As far as your little ones... that SMART board is going to come in so handy for you. I'm so glad your getting one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have your SMART board software open? The instructions for us were:
    open page
    go to insert doc
    From scanner
    then the scanner software comes up
    hit scan
    accept
    Then when you want to scan another paper.
    add a page to the SMART notebook and repeat above procedure.

    I am so glad you are learning how to use this. And it does take FOREVER to get used to to it and you will never have "pretty" handwriting but there is a feature that will change your handwriting to text font.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you are doing just fine. Like someone else said, practice will be the key during the learning process. The great thing about teaching young children is that they are so loving and patient. In their eyes, I am sure you are the bomb and can do no wrong! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy thanks for the info. I do want to let you know that anything we want to scan we have to take to our copy machine in the office and scan it from there. There are no directions, but it did show up the next day. I have the weirdest luck with things that I send to myself and others. It must have something to do with my "Computer Aura"

    ReplyDelete